I’m oop north again, visiting my mum with mini-me in tow. Poor Beardy is laid up with a bad back so is manning the fort back home. As Mum lives so close to the Welsh border, I was planning on popping over to get some more slate to make things for our Made in Wales: Made FROM Wales collection. As luck would have it, we found a slate reclamation yard with the most fabulous array of beautiful Welsh slate. I explained to the very lovely chap what I wanted to make, and he showed us to a huge bin of offcuts and bits and said to help ourselves to as much as we wanted. Free and for gratis. Am ddim as they say in these parts. Result! So I now have a bootful of purple and grey slated ready to be turned into something very lovely indeed. Recycling at it’s finest.
February 13, 2012
This entry was posted on Monday, February 13th, 2012 at 4:00 pm and posted in Made in Wales, Slate. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Mel’s Current Favourite Creation…
- I love Vintage Design iOS app, check this: itunes.apple.com/us/app/vintage…ஜ۩۞۩ஜ 8 months ago
- RT @SeirianMetal: Bricktop #BetterAmbassadorsThanFarage https://t.co/WzbYai6Mfkஜ۩۞۩ஜ 1 year ago
- @Esthernagle twitter.com/seirianmetal/s…ஜ۩۞۩ஜ 1 year ago
- From a Poppy Field made to order just for you! #poppy #poppies #remembrance #handcrafted fb.me/8auwXblKMஜ۩۞۩ஜ 1 year ago
- s.ripl.com/igqdyz #madeinwales #seirian #jewellery #poppy #poppies #earrings #pendant #cufflinks #ring fb.me/5bNc20EUGஜ۩۞۩ஜ 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages